INSTRUCTOR NAME: Kathleen Hanagan, LCSW
Category: Cat 1 | CE Hours Awarded: 5.0
- Learn the basics of Brainspotting and how to use it.
- Learn integrated approach to Brain research on memory reconsolidation, Buddhist mindfulness and Heartmath wisdom.
- Deepen capacity for embodied attunement.
- Activate the gift of your own “wounded healer” archetype.
DESCRIPTION: If you are a new therapist, this course will open your mind and heart to a dimension of healing not taught in clinical courses. If you are a seasoned therapist, this course will re-kindle your passion for your work.
It is important to wholeheartedly enlist our clients’ full involvement in their healing. What are the goals? Are we treating symptoms, or are we able to meet our clients at their core?
Holy Attunement offers an integration of Brainspotting with cutting edge brain research, Mindfulness teachings, and Heartmath wisdom to help us be with our clients as agents of true healing.
In a Holy Attunement Session, it is as if you are walking inside the person’s psyche, their very soul. Your presence must be like the earth at times, at others like a butterfly lighting on a flower. You breathe in synch, and begin to feel the energy in your body—their pain, their burning, their hard place—as your limbic systems attune to the slightest nuance.
An empathic bridge is co-created, and the true self of the client begins to appear, at times for only a moment. Anger, grief, and deep longing arise as you move closer to the core. You are now on holy ground.
The true self appears, knowing things that the person did not seem to know. Sometimes a wiser and often a sadder aspect of self appears, closer to the core, to the Divine Child.
The true gift of healing comes in the transcendence of technique, when the therapist and the client become one.
Learn how a seasoned therapist has used Brainspotting as a bridge to a dimension of healing that techniques alone cannot reach.
- 10-10:10 | Introduction and guidelines
- 10:10-9:30 | Action intro on issue of “wounded Healer” that involves all participants while standing and engaged.
- 10:30-11:00 | Teaching of Brainspotting history and principles.
- 11:00-11:45 | Demonstration of Brainspotting
- 11:45-12:00 | Sharing and reflections
- 12:0-1:00 | Lunch
- 1:00-1:30 | Weaving of Brain research on memory reconsolidation, Buddhist mindfulness and Heartmath wisdom.
- 1:30-1:45 | Teaching of 7 steps of Holy Attunement Session.
- 1:45-2:30 | Demonstration of Holy Attunement Session
- 2:30-2:45 | Sharing and reflections
- 2:45-3:30 | Participants experience Holy Attunement Session.
- 3:30-4:00 | Sharing and debriefing
- Brainspotting: The Revolutionary New Therapy for Rapid and Effective Change Apr 1, 2013 by David Grand Ph.D.
- Mindfulness for Beginners: Reclaiming the Present Momentand Your Life Jan 1, 2012by Jon Kabat-Zinn Ph.D.
- The HeartMath Solution: The Institute of HeartMath's Revolutionary Program for Engaging the Power of the Heart Jul 3, 2000by Doc Lew Childre and Howard Martin
- Unlocking the Emotional Brain: Eliminating Symptoms at Their Roots Using Memory Reconsolidation Oct 19, 2012by Bruce Ecker and Robin Ticic